How do I use my phone as a webcam for PC streaming?
We have recently had several people ask about this topic. After much research, here is what we have found:
- Yes, it can be done
- The quality is very questionable
- It is not a case of simply plug-n-play, you have to do some experimentation/testing
Most of the information on this topic, found on the web, centers around Android phones.
Without being product-specific, here are the things you need to remember/know when doing this:
- Connection methods from phone to PC: Wi-Fi or USB
- You will need to download an IP Webcam app from the Google Play Store. USB option may require additional software on your PC.
- In your streaming software, you will be adding a new browser source in the form of a URL (IP Address and Port number)
Links Found in Research: