It’s Time For Some Updates!
You might have heard that today, January 5th 2018, Sponsored Streamer applications open for our Winter season. Like every round before, you can apply for sponsorship with TRUgaming on the Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer platforms!
It’s been a while since we launched our Sponsored Streamer program (about 19 months), and we feel like it’s time to update the program a bit.
Application Requirements Update
In addition to our regular requirements, we’re adding on the requirement of Twitch Affiliate (if you’re a Twitch streamer). We polled our community a bit, and felt that Affiliate was something reasonable to expect from most streamers who put good effort into their channels.
Altogether, here are the new baseline requirements to be Sponsored by TRUgaming:
- At least 100 Twitch or Mixer followers (or 100 subscribers on YouTube)
- Willingness to be involved in our Partnered Discord server
- Affiliate status on Twitch (if a Twitch streamer).
We also highly value streamers that are willing to participate in our charity marathon events.
Now, meeting all of these requirements does not automatically guarantee sponsorship. These are just the minimum requirements for your application to be considered.
But in all honesty, if you check off all these boxes, you’ve already beat out a LOT of the competition!
Sponsorship Expectations Update
Our Sponsorship program has really blown up since we started it! With over 30 Sponsored Streamers, we’re really starting to fill out the TRUroster of streamers.
We love that so many people are interested in Sponsorship, and we definitely want to keep our requirement level relatively accessible for aspiring streamers. We think the new requirements we’ve laid out are a fair way to gate that.
But with so many great streamers coming through the door, we want to make sure that Sponsorship is something that still feels exclusive. Not everyone should be a Sponsored Streamer, and that’s okay.
If you’ve earned Sponsorship from TRU, it means that we think you’ve got something special!
With that said, we will be laying out more concrete expectations (and rewards) for our Sponsored team. Above all, it’s important that as a Sponsored Streamer, you… stream.
Expectations for Sponsored Streamers:
- Stick to a consistent stream schedule – no more than 2 weeks without streaming*
- If you have a legitimate reason to take a break from streaming, such as medical , military, or family reasons, don’t worry. Just let us know ahead of time!*
- No gaming the system. If you stream 1 hour every 2 weeks to retain sponsorship, that’s not gonna fly.
- No racism, slandering, or abuse, and no trashing people or organizations (including us!)
- Be a part of the fam
- Stay connected with us! That could be through our Discord, Twitch, Twitter, etc. We just want to see your face sometimes 🙂
If any of these expectations are not met, you’ll first get a message from us to see what’s up. If after contacting you, we still see the issue persisting, you may be in jeopardy of losing your sponsorship.
Our number one priority is that we sponsor streamers who want to grow. As long as we see you working on that, we will continue to support you as long as we can.
Sponsorship Perks Update
We’ve heard from our streamers loud and clear – the perks of sponsorship need an upgrade.
Specifically, due to the size of our Sponsorship program, we want to make sure that we are primarily helping our streamers grow their channels.
We also want to make sure that we are helping all Sponsored Streamers have access to new opportunities, and that they are treated equally.
New Perks for Sponsored Streamers:
- Weekly shoutouts on Twitter and Instagram
- If you have something specific you’d like us to mention, let us know!
- Weekly appearances on TRUpodcasts (TRUtalk and Stream Key)
- Sign up forms/calenders will be found in #admin Discord chat. All you need is a topic and a time! We will be committed to weekly appearances on these shows starting now.
- Special access to beta codes, giveaways, and partnerships with game devs & other organizations
- Keep an eye out for our first coming later this month!
These are in addition to the existing perks such as blog interviews, shirts, charity stream participation, etc.
We have some more exciting things planned for Sponsored Streamers coming a bit later this year, such as revenue earning improvements, new products to use, and potentially access to a super-secret program we are building from the ground up 😉
Since Sponsorships are getting a bit harder to keep, we want to make sure the work is worth it. We’ll do everything we can to ensure that each Sponsored Streamer truly feels supported and valuable in the TRUgaming community and as a streamer overall.
We’d love to see every one of you make it to partnership!
More to Come
These changes are just the beginning of a larger movement that we’ll be unveiling later this year, so stay tuned!
We’ve got some exciting things planned for small and large streamers alike, and we think you’ll really like what’s next 🙂