How to Configure your ARK Server for the Valguero DLC!
Snail Games USA/ Studio Wildcard announced the release of the latest DLC: Valguero.
Survivors, come explore a vast and diverse 63 km map with a multitude of new land to build on! Witness familiar ARK creatures in an expansive environment and meet, Deinonychus, ARK’s newest feathered theropod, found only in Valguero.
Watch the streamed announcement on Twitch Survive The Ark: 3PM PST June 17th, 2019
Steam Release: June 18th, 2019 around noon Eastern
What does this mean for my TRUgaming ARK server?
- You’ll be using an additional 1GB of disk space for the new DLC.
- You will need to do a Steam Update. PLEASE be patient since both Steam and our servers will be busy as many players start downloading the update.
- You’ll need to change your commandline to use the new map.
- If you have any mod on your server, be warned, they may not work with the new map until the mod developers have caught up with the release.
- We cannot help resolve any issues if this update breaks your server and or mods.
With the release of the Homestead update and the use of S+ workshop mod, there are known issues. If you are using the Steam Workshop Mod Map for Valguero (Workshop ID: 1445088670) , you may have to remove it. No information has been released yet, whether this will be the same thing.
To update your server:
Step 1: Stop your server.
Step 2: Click on the Steam Update icon, and let it finish. Do not interrupt the process or you could corrupt your server.
Step 3: Click on the Commandline Manager icon and click on your currently active commandline (will have the word ‘Selected’) on the right hand side.
Step 5: Start your server back up and give it a few minutes to process any updates and build any new files and folders required by the change.