Jump to navigation Jump to search
|ARMA 3 is a military tactical shooter video game developed and published by Bohemia Interactive. It was released for Microsoft Windows in September 2013, and later for OS X and Linux in August 2015. ARMA 3‘s story line takes place in the mid-2030s during the fictional Operation Magnitude, a military operation launched by NATO forces fighting in Europe against “Eastern armies.” These are also referred to as Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty (CSAT), led by a resurgent Iranian military with a coalition of other Middle Eastern and Asian nations.|
Making Yourself Server Admin
- Stop your server
- Click on the Configuration Files icon
- Edit the DefaultServer\Server.cfg file by clicking on the [Text Editor] link
- Locate the passwwordAdmin line in the config file
- Change or add your password between the Double Quotes
- // GLOBAL SETTINGS
- hostname = "ARMA III Server - Hosted by TRUgaming.com";
- password = "";
- passwordAdmin = "";
- logFile = "server_console.log";
- verifySignatures = 2;
- Save your file by clicking on the Save link
- Go hack to the Service Information tb and Start your server back up
Adding Steam Workshop Mods
- Subscribe and/or download the mod(s)you wish to install to your local PC.
- Launch your Arma 3 game and go to the Mods section and add the mod(s) to your game.
- Connect to your server using your favorite FTP client, like FileZilla. Visit this link on how to connect via FTP
- In the Local Site window of your FTP client, navigate to the /Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3/!Workshop folder
- In the Remote Site window of your FTP client you should be in the Root of your server. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the file list.
- To upload the mod(s) to your server you can drag and drop them from the Local Site to the Remote Site or right mouse click and select Upload
- Once complete, your Remote Site file list will have the mod folders listed a the top of the folder list (click on Filename to sort the list)
- @Multi-play Uniforms
- Next, log into your game control panel.
- From the Game Service, Service Information tab, open the Commandline Manager.
- If you have not already, click on the Custom Commandlines tab and create a new custom command line
- Edit your custom command line. Most Mods will go in the -Mods setting, some will need to go in the -ServerMods (check the mod documentation)
- Enter a Description for the command line
- Make sure you check all the Select boxes (as shown), otherwise your server will not start correctly
- Enter the mod folder names separated by semicolons (;). If you wanted to load three mods with the names @MyMod1, @MyMod2 and @MyMod3, you'd set the text field to:
- THE MOD NAMES ADDED TO THE COMMAND LINE MUST BE THE SAME AS THE FOLDER NAMES
- If you are adding @CAB_A3, you MUST use @CAB_A3 and not a variation of it, such as @CABA3
- Make sure you DO NOT add a ";" at the end
- Save the command line and click Select on the right hand side to make this your active commandline. The Select will changed to Selected
- If you mod(s) require additional configuration, now is the time to do this. (See note below)
- Start you server
- NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE MOD DOCUMENTATION.
- SOME MODS HAVE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: THEY MAY REQUIRE EITHER SOME CONFIGURATION FILE CUSTOMIZATION AND/OR SERVER RESOURCES BEFORE THEY WILL WORK
- IF A MOD HAS DEPENDENCIES, IT MUST BE IN THE LIST AFTER THE MOD IT IS DEPENDENT ON
- Adding missions does not require the addition of the Steam Workshop ID to the commandline -Mods entry, unless there is an associated mod that goes with it.
- Subscribe/Download the PBO mission files to your local PC
- Once you’ve downloaded the ARMA 3 Mission, you will need to upload the mission(s) to your server.
- Connect to your game server via FTP. Visit this link on how to connect via FTP
- Following the same steps as adding mods, upload the mission files) to \MPMissions folder:
- Altis_Life.Altis.pbo and Tanoa_Life.Tanoa.pbo are examples of ARMA 3 mission files.
- Make the necessary changes to you server.cfg file
- Save the changes
- Restart your server.