|Mordhau is a multiplayer medieval melee game with a strong emphasis on skill-based combat.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE; Create your suit of armor: pick from gloves, arms, shoulders, chest pieces, legs, boots, helmets, and more. Color each piece to your liking and select a metal tint. Be anything from a viking to a crusader, or even a sharpshooting archer. SKILL-BASED MELEE COMBAT, ENDLESS CUSTOMIZATION, ALWAYS VARIED BATTLES; Our combat system is designed for fights ranging from duels all the way to large open battles of up to 64 players with castles to be stormed, and fields to be covered in blood.
|General Help||Server Admin Info|
|* Map and Game Mode Information||* Make Yourself Admin|
|* How to Change Map and Game Mode|
Map and Game Mode Info
Current Map Names
As Of 04/29/2019
|Game Mode (Prefix)||Available Maps||Config File Notation (game.ini)||Default Starting Map (engine.ini) See below|
|Battle Royal (BR)||
|Deathmatch/Free For All (FFA)||
|Team Deathmatch (TDM)||
64 Player Maps
|Game Mode||Available Maps||Config File Notation|
|Frontline 64 Player||
|Skrimmage 64 Player||
|Team Death Match 64 Player||
|Deathmatch/Free For All 64 Player||
Change Game Mode and Map Rotation
- To change Game Mode you need to make sure you select the appropriate map(s) for your game mode.
- Not all maps' are supported by all game modes.
You can change the default map rotation by modifying the MapRotation lines in the Game.ini file by editing it under the Configuration Files icon.
Game Mode is part of the map name so:
For example, if you want a Skirmish mode only server, your file contents should look like this:
- NOTE: when creating your maplist confirm that there are no blank spaces after a map name or between the = sign.
- It has to be all together, otherwise it may crash your server.
Default Starting Map
To set the default map that you want your server to start on, edit the engine.ini file under the Configuration Files icon.
If there is nothing there add the following lines:
- ServerDefaultMap=/Game/Mordhau/Maps/<map name>/<game mode>_<map name>.<game mode>_<map name>
- To play the Contaband map Deathmatch/Free For All game mode;
The engine.ini would look like:
Game Mode Prefixes
INV = Invasion
FL = Frontline
BR = Battle Royale
HRD = Horde
SKM = Skirmish
FFA = FFA/Deathmatch
TDM = Team Deathmatch
Making Yourself Server Admin
- Edit the game.ini file
- Add your Steam64ID to the Admins= line (add multiple Admins=xxxx lines for multiple admins)
Console Admin Command List
- To log-in as admin, you'll need to open up the console and type "adminlogin YOUR_PASSWORD" (w/o quotes).
- NOTE: If you can't get the console to open in the client (default key is Tilde ~) it's probably due to having a different keyboard layout
- If you want to change this you need to do so on the client side not the server side. See here to change this
|adminlogin <password>||required to perform any other admin command|
|adminlist||lists current admins|
|adminadd <STEAMID64>||adds a new admin to the adminlist|
|removeadmin <STEAMID64>||removes specified admin from the admin list|
|changelevel <map name>||Changes the map|
|restartlevel||restarts the current map|
|addbots <integer>||adds desired number of bots|
|removebots <integer>||kills desired number of bots|
|kick <user name / steamid64>|
|ban <user name / steamid64)|
|unban <user name / steamid64)|
|banlist||lists banned players.|
|exit||exits Mordhau game program|
|disconnect||disconnects you from the server.|
|demorec name||records a demo. Note: Files stored on local PC NOT server|
|demostop||stops a demo.|
|demoplay||plays a demo.|
|Stat FPS||Shows the FPS counter|
slomo <value> – slows play down – for example, slomo .5 will get you 50% speed, and slomo 2 will get you 200% speed slomo x – chuck a number after this one and it will change the speed of the game (slomo 2 for double speed, and slomo .5 for half speed) playersonly – freezes all the bots, but lets you keep walking around – can only be used in single player changesize x – another single player only command, this one changes the size of your character m.showcrosshair 0 – disables crosshair and needs to be typed again after game relaunch m.inverseattackdirection 1 – inverts your required attack direction (default is moving toward windup direction for an attack, and command make it so you can just move mouse in direction of your attack)
Change Console Key
- Go to Mordhau's client location: <unit>:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ and open the BaseInput.ini file (notice it's the folder where Mordhau was installed, and not the server files).
- Locate this line:
- Change "Tilde" to a different key, for example "J" (a key which does nothing in-game iirc), and save the file.
- Restart Mordhau.
Additional Server Parameters
- Game.ini file:
[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_SkirmishGameState.BP_SkirmishGameState_C] RoundDuration=300 [/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameMode.BP_DeathmatchGameMode_C] ScoreToWin=3000 [/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameState.BP_DeathmatchGameState_C] MatchDurationMax=1200 [/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode_C] TeamScoreToWin=1000 [/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState_C] MatchDurationMax=1200